Red Hulu vs Red Maeng Da
So, you’re looking to expand your kratom rotation, and a new red seems like the ideal addition. There are tons of options. But if you’re not in the mood for the staple landraces that most kratom vendors offer, then it might be time to explore the selection of exotic reds.
Red Hulu and red Maeng Da offer impressive effects that give the red color vein a brand new twist. Delivering a distinct experience, both of these strains add their own unique signature to the soothing red encounter.
What is Hulu Kratom?
Hulu Kapuas kratom — often shortened to just Hulu — is a special kind of kratom that comes from the island of Bali. This specific variety grows close to the Kapuas River — the liveliest source of fresh water across the entire island.
The soil surrounding the Kapuas is rich with minerals and natural compounds that encourage plants to thrive. Thus, kratom that grows around the river demonstrates potent chemistry and profound alkaloid expression that challenges some of the strongest known kratom strains on the market.
In general, Hulu kratom’s effects elicit a more stimulated response from its user. The red Hulu variety however mixes in some palpable benefits that encourage relaxation and calm for a more subdued, tranquil experience.
Effects of Red Hulu Kratom
Keep in mind that everyone reacts differently to kratom strains. That’s because there are loads of variables that join the mix and impact the overall experience. Some of these include individual tolerance, body chemistry, and the quality of the product in question.
That said, the experiences relating to red Hulu kratom detailed on the web might not perfectly reflect your own. Nevertheless, the strain has been known to produce certain benefits more often, and these include:
- Cognitive clarity and alertness – Red Hulu’s effects on cognition might not put you into a dreamlike state, but that’s not to say the feeling isn’t blissful just the same. The brand of cognitive clarity that comes with a dose makes its user feel more receptive to stimulation, allowing a higher level of sensitivity.
- Discomfort relief – In true red vein kratom fashion, red Hulu relieves all forms of physical discomfort. So, whether you’re coming home from a hard day’s work or if you’re looking to soothe your tired muscles after a workout, a dose of red Hulu should do just the trick.
- Mood lift – The controlled mood effects of red Hulu make it the ideal strain for a cozy night at home. Banishing sour emotions and unpleasant feelings, the strain gives rise to a happy, giggly disposition that can make you feel perfectly contented, carefree, and unbothered.
- Sleep support – At higher doses, red Hulu may induce a sleepy disposition that’s tough to resist. The strain works slowly, but the peak of the experience will usually have its user calmly drifting off into a peaceful slumber that should make you feel completely rested at the crack of dawn.
What is Maeng Da Kratom?
Kratom strains that occur naturally in the wild are called landraces — varieties that exist without human intervention. That said, Maeng Da kratom isn’t a landrace, but a cultivar — a specific type of plant that only came into existence as the result of human curiosity and cultivation.
The Maeng Da cultivar was the result of the efforts of Southeast Asian farmers. In the hopes of producing the strongest kratom strain on the market, these farmers grafted together various other kratom strains. The resulting Franken-kratom variety was rightfully dubbed Maeng Da, which translates literally to ‘pimp grade.’
In the US, Maeng Da is easily recognized as the highest quality kratom strain you can find. This poster boy for speciosa possesses powerful effects that usually place it in the good graces of more experienced, veteran kratom users. The red variety in particular offers a uniquely relaxing encounter that’s not for the faint of heart.
Effects of Red Maeng Da
Again, it’s important to mention that people tend to respond differently to kratom strains, depending on numerous factors. And since red Maeng Da can be a formidable strain, it’s ideal that users practice caution when measuring doses, especially if they’re using red Maeng Da for the first time.
Hard-hitting, overwhelming, and profound, the effects of red Maeng Da add a distinct twist to the red vein profile that you’re probably familiar with. So, user discretion and caution are advised when trying out this specific speciosa variety.
- Sleep support – Unlike red Hulu, red Maeng Da produces a sleepy stupor even at low doses. The powerful herb slows down breathing and other bodily processes. As it shuts down thought processes and eliminates stress, the strain pulls down hard on the eyelids and induces sleep that’s impossible to resist.
- Discomfort relief – The body-centric effects of red Maeng Da kratom work wonders to soothe every form of physical discomfort. Tired, aching, sore muscles can get almost instant resolve after a dose of red Maeng Da.
- Dreamy cognition – Looking to get away from it all? Red Maeng Da’s effects on cognition can have you feeling like your head is up in the clouds. Blissfully dreamy and light, the mental state that comes with a red Maeng Da dose can leave your mind feeling pleasantly hazy.
- Full body relaxation – With your head up in the clouds and your body free from all forms of discomfort, red Maeng Da places your system in the warm embrace of fuzzy calm. The delightful freedom from all forms of stress will have you unproblematically glued to your bed for the duration of the effects.
What Causes Differences in Kratom Strains?
There is no way to standardize the growing conditions of naturally cultivated and processed kratom. There’s just no way. Changes in sunlight patterns and exposure, soil composition, water quality, humidity, and cultivation techniques can have profound effects on the plant’s alkaloid expression.
In fact, farmers will often produce slightly different kratom batches on the same farm, simply because the batches were cultivated and harvested at different times of the year. This ultimately explains the logic behind kratom strains — especially since these strains grow in completely different parts of Southeast Asia.
But more than that, the color of veins may also significantly impact the resulting product. Younger leaves showcase more stimulating effects, but as they approach maturity, the energetic benefits are replaced by soothing, calming, relaxing effects ideal for nighttime use.