White Maeng Da vs Red Bali
If there were ever two strains that perfectly captured how different kratom varieties can be, it’s white Maeng Da and Red Bali. These polar opposites represent the extreme ends of the kratom experience. Providing completely different effects for their users, white Maeng Da and red Bali appeal to entirely different demographics.
With one providing a lively, upbeat, energetic experience, and the other soothing the entire system to a calm and peaceful sleep, these two strains are as different as night and day. So depending on the kind of experience you’re looking for, it’s important that you understand exactly how distinct these picks can be.
What is White Maeng Da?
Maeng Da itself isn’t actually a native landrace. That means it never naturally existed in the wild. Instead, Maeng Da came as the result of human intervention, when farmers decided to bring together the qualities of the most powerful kratom strains and create the ultimate variety.
After grafting together different existing landrace strains, farmers developed what they would end up calling ‘Maeng Da’, a Laotian slang term that translates to ‘pimp grade.’ The strain gets its name from the fact that it provides powerful effects that put most other varieties to shame.
Energetic, lively, and dynamic, Maeng Da has earned popularity as the ultimate strain for kratom experts and veterans. The white variety in particular provides an almost spiritual experience that immerses both mind and body in blissful, swirling effects that inspire stress relief and elevation.
Effects of White Maeng Da
Everyone responds differently to kratom. That’s because people manifest different tolerances and body chemistry, ultimately changing the way their body interacts with kratom’s alkaloids. So don’t expect your white Maeng Da encounter to be entirely identical to the accounts you read online.
Even then, users who have tried white Maeng Da report certain benefits more commonly than others. So just to give you a rough idea of what you might expect, these effects more typically showcase their power after a dose of white Maeng Da:
- Energy boost – Users claim that the best strain to awaken both mind and body would have to be Maeng Da. Profound and fast-acting, the strain’s chemistry reaches deep into your core to unearth a powerful sense of motivation and physical strength that can help you charge through the day.
- Enhanced mood – Feeling blue? White Maeng Da might help. This stuff stirs up happy hormones and banishes all feelings of distress and discontentment. The variety uplifts its user’s mood to bring out an extroverted disposition that’s perfect for parties and get-togethers.
- Mental clarity – As though eliminating any cognitive clutter and confusion, white Maeng Da pierces through the smoke so you can think more clearly than before. Users of the strain claim to achieve a higher level of cognition and acuity that seemingly improves concentration and sensitivity.
- Stimulation – What’s that rumbling desire to get up and move? That’s white Maeng Da’s sheer force. The strain tickles the system from the ground up, imbuing the body with a powerful sense of contained energy that just begs o be let out in whatever way suits your preferences best.
What is Bali Kratom?
Deep within the forests of Bali grows a specific variety of kratom with effects and benefits that uniquely showcase the rich conditions of the island’s landscape. Relaxing, soothing, and calming, Bali kratom is the exact opposite of the Maeng Da strain’s profile.
Highly coveted for its subduing, tranquilizing benefits, Bali kratom has long been recognized as the ultimate standard-bearer for easy-going kratom options. And because red vein varieties tend to highlight those effects, it comes as no surprise that red Bali takes the cake as the figurehead of any and all calming kratom strains.
Slow to take effect yet touting a pair of insanely long legs, red Bali’s effects provide the perfect experience for end-day relaxation. Ideal for nighttime use, red Bali has also often earned respect as the kratom variety of choice for people struggling with sleep issues.
Effects of Red Bali
Again, it’s important to remember that not everyone gets the same experience out of a kratom dose. A handful of variables play a role in the overall effect of a specific strain. But even then, red Bali — much like white Maeng Da or any other kratom strain for that matter — still gets tagged with certain benefits more frequently than others.
- Sleep support – Tired but struggling to fall asleep? This stressful combination can frustrate the best of us. Fortunately, red Bali provides effects that soothe both mind and body to encourage a blissful feeling of drowsiness that tapers off into a peaceful, dreamless sleep.
- Discomfort relief – Another forte of the red Bali strain, discomfort relief targets every aspect of your being. So whether it’s a throbbing back or an aching mind, red Bali offers profound, deep-reaching benefits. The strain’s effect on physical stress and tension also helps improve relaxation.
- Full body relaxation – It’s hard to describe the depth of the benefits of the red Bali strain in terms of relaxation. Immersing the body in a blissful sense of calm and soothing energy, the strain seems to massage the entire system, placing the user in a pseudo-tranquilized state.
- Enhanced mood – Now, you’re not going to want to head out and socialize. But with a dose of red Bali, you can expect to enjoy a clean, comfortable, and contented disposition that’s easy and carefree. The giggly bout of positive energy will definitely make you feel like you’re floating on cloud 9.
What Causes Differences in Kratom Strains?
First of all — what affects a kratom plant’s chemistry? Virtually every aspect of its growing environment will impact the alkaloids and their expression within the plant’s leaves. More sun, more water, more humidity, richer soil, and proper handling techniques all contribute toward a fuller, richer alkaloid expression.
Changes in these variables lead to changes in the plant’s chemistry. So it goes without saying that no two batches of kratom are ever alike. And because different regions where they grow present differences in cultivation environments, we get a sound, logical explanation as to why Bali and Maeng Da are entirely different.
It’s also worth mentioning that the age of the plant’s leaves at harvest plays a significant role in its overall effects. Mature, red vein leaves produce subduing benefits while white vein leaves offer the opposite — stimulation. In between, green vein leaves deliver the best of both worlds.