Red Dragon vs Red Bali
Entering the battle of the reds, we have red Dragon and red Bali. Both regarded as equally formidable, these strains offer a rota of gratifyingly blissful effects. But while both varieties aim for relaxation, the means by which they achieve this end differ immensely.
Ultimate, Red Dragon, and red Bali traverse entirely different routes to arrive at their soothing destination. So, depending on the kind of kratom experience you’re hoping to achieve, it’s ideal that you take a minute to figure out just how these two strains might interact with your system.
What is Dragon Kratom?
While most other kratom strains get their name from the geographical locale they’re native to, Dragon kratom breaks the nomenclature standards. This strain earns its creative moniker from its allegedly more powerful effects, thanks to the two strains that come together to bring the variety to life.
This Frankenstein combination marries the chemistry of Maeng Da and Elephant kratom. For the unaware, Elephant kratom is a distinct variety that uses the largest leaves on the kratom plant. Allegedly, processing and grinding just the biggest samples produces more pronounced alkaloid expression.
Dragon kratom generally falls into the stimulating category, but its effects are inherently head-centric. The red Dragon variety in particular offers soothing effects that mainly occur in the mind, however, it does imbue the body with a palpable dose of relaxation as well.
Effects of Red Dragon Kratom
Red Dragon has earned significant popularity for its effects that open the door to peak cognitive clarity and relief. The variety soothes the mind and allows its user to reach a higher level of mental awareness and stimulation that borders on spirituality.
Before you toss and wash though, remember that these effects aren’t set in stone. So, while they might often get mentioned across red Dragon discussions online, you might have a slightly different experience depending on a number of factors.
- Alertness and clarity – Feeling confused, confounded, and just downright cluttered in the head? Red Dragon helps to restore and enhance cognitive clarity. The strain elevates your mind beyond the daily drudgery and improves mental sensitivity for a wider view of your present situation.
- Mood enhancement – Red Dragon won’t make you want to go out and party, but it does wonders to lift users out of an unpleasant disposition. Its chemistry powers through the system to relieve negative emotions, helping you achieve a friendlier but still subdued demeanor.
- Discomfort relief – According to those who truly enjoy red Dragon, the strain’s effects on physical discomfort remain its strongest suit. Various forms of tension, stress, and aches prove to be no match for the strain’s hard-hitting benefits that soothe and eliminate physical distress.
- Relaxation – Tired of that restless feeling that just keeps you from truly kicking back and calming down? Red Dragon places the body into a pseudo-tranquilized state. Sure, you can still move. But with the embrace of calm pressing hard against your body, you probably won’t want to get up.
What is Red Bali Kratom?
Native to the tiny island of Bali, Bali kratom is a wild-growing landrace that easily proliferates throughout the island’s lush forests. This naturally occurring strain is one of the most prolific across the United States kratom market, mainly because of its unrestrained growth and wide availability.
Check kratom discussions online, and you’ll find that Bali often gets lifted up as the standard-bearer for soothing strains. Inherently relaxing, this landrace offers serene, tranquil benefits that slow down processes and banish physical discomfort.
Since red vein varieties are known to magnify these same effects, it comes as no surprise that red Bali has earned monumental popularity versus other color veins. That’s also why US-based vendors make sure to keep a constant supply of this powerfully soothing variety.
Effects of Red Bali Kratom
The kratom experience can be different for everyone. Your body chemistry and tolerance play a major role in how your body responds to the alkaloids in the plant. More than that, product quality, alkaloid profile, and dosing also complicate the whole experience.
That said, your red Bali encounter could present minor distinctions versus what you read online. But even then, here are some effects that you’re more likely to develop, based on the accounts of previous red Bali users:
- Sleep support – There’s probably nothing worse than feeling so tired but being unable to sleep. Red Bali offers a sound solution to this frustrating scene. Soothing both mind and body, red Bali tapers into a blissful, deep, uninterrupted slumber that makes users feel perfectly rested.
- Discomfort relief – A big chunk of red Bali’s popularity comes from its ability to relieve tired, aching, and sore muscles and joints. The variety’s chemistry works fast to deliver the body from discomfort and distress, perfect for calming the body after a day of work or a session at the gym.
- Cognitive relaxation – Racing thoughts are no fun. With red Bali however, you can attain perfectly calm cognition that’s easy and carefree. The strain slows down cognitive processes and elevates the mind into a state of blissful elation that borders the spiritual.
- Mood lift – No, red Bali isn’t a party strain. It’s not going to bring out your hidden extrovert. But even then, its effects on mood remain palpable. The strain replaces the sourest moods with a modest lift that makes for a more pleasing, less problematic disposition that encourages smiles and giggles.
What Causes Differences in Kratom Strains?
The alkaloid expression of kratom leaves ultimately depends on the plant’s growing conditions and the cultivation and processing techniques that farmers use. And because all of these different factors change from location to location and from farm to farm, it’s impossible for strains to have exactly the same effects.
In fact, even two different batches of the same variety will likely manifest distinctions in the way they interact with your body. Thus, kratom strains are born. But that’s not all there is to consider.
The maturity of the leaves at harvest plays a significant role in alkaloid expression. Younger white veined leaves are more stimulating, while mature red veined leaves produce more subdued, relaxing effects. Green vein leaves are right smack in the middle and offer a combination of both ends.