Red Bali vs Green Maeng Da
Visit any kratom vendor whether online or in person, and you’re bound to find red Bali and green Maeng Da. These two varieties get tossed around as the most prominent choices on the kratom market. And for good reasons.
Providing effects that target everyday issues that people tend to struggle with, red Bali and green Maeng Da tout benefits that make them suitable go-to kratom varieties. But despite both having reached everyday-use status, these two strains provide incredibly different effects that drastically set them apart.
What is Red Bali Kratom?
Bali kratom comes from an island province within the jurisdiction of Indonesia. The sizeable island provides the perfect conditions for kratom growth, including mineral-rich soil and hot humid weather that brings out the best of the plant’s chemistry.
Despite being a ways away from the mainland, logistics providers that serve the island of Borneo have a pretty well-established routine. So, shipping kratom products from the island proves to be a minor challenge that’s easily overcome.
That said, Bali kratom is well supplied throughout the country, as well as in neighboring locations like the United States. Red Bali in particular has earned significant popularity for its relaxing effects and the profound soothing benefits that it offers its users.
Effects of Red Bali
For the record — kratom effects are never set in stone. Different variables play a role in the overall effect that a specific kratom product will provide. These include nuances like alkaloid profile and product quality, which rely heavily on the cultivation environment, harvesting techniques, and handling procedures.
Of course, your own personal distinctions also play a role, like your tolerance of kratom in general, and your body chemistry. So, what one person gets out of a dose of red Bali might not reflect your own experience. Nonetheless, there are effects that are more commonly associated with the strain, including:
- Relaxation – As though lifting away stress and discomfort, red Bali effectively places its user into a relaxed state of calm and carefree bliss. The strain often finds its place as a go-to for workers looking to unwind and blow off some steam at the end of a long, tiring day.
- Discomfort relief – Feeling achy and tired? A dose of red Bali might help. This stuff works wonders to soothe tired, aching muscles and various other forms of physical discomfort so you can enjoy an evening of serenity and peace.
- Drowsiness and sleep support – Users who struggle with falling and staying asleep may find relief after a dose of red Bali. The strain has earned significant popularity for its effects that improve sleep quality and cradle its user off into a state of deep, uninterrupted sleep.
- Enhanced mood – You probably won’t feel too chatty after a dose of red Bali, but that’s not what it’s known for anyway. The variety offers exceptional mood enhancement benefits for people who just want to get out of a negative headspace and feel a little more upbeat.
What is Green Maeng Da?
Mang Da is a Laotian slang term that literally translates to ‘pimp grade.’ Considered the OG kratom strain of all time, Maeng Da isn’t actually a landrace like Bali, Malay, or Borneo which are unadulterated varieties of kratom that grow naturally in their respective locales.
Instead, Maeng Da is the combination of a variety of strains. This particular variety came about after farmers grafted together different kratom strains to produce what they hoped would be the one strain to rule them all — and in a way, they succeeded.
Today, Maeng Da is recognized as one of the most powerful kratom strains on the market, and often falls in its own category altogether. The green variety provides a more balanced experience that combines energizing effects with a few soothing benefits for a controlled, collected outcome.
Effects of Green Maeng Da
Again, it’s important to point out that various factors can affect the outcomes of your Maeng Da use. So, there’s no way to really pin down the specific blend of effects you’ll experience after a dose.
But then again, just like red Bali, there are some effects that are more commonly associated with green Maeng Da. And these include:
- Improved physical performance – A dose of green Maeng Da might just have you feeling like you can take on any physically demanding task. This stuff often comes in handy for gym buffs and blue-collar workers who need the extra strength to power through their routine or their day.
- Increased energy levels – Offering a jolt of vigor and zeal, a dose of green Maeng Da can banish feelings of drowsiness, especially in the middle of the day. The powerful effects help to relieve a lack of motivation, inspiring a sense of productivity in those who take a dose.
- Enhanced mood – Known for its effects on mood, green Maeng Da doesn’t only uplift its user from an episode of the blues. It also helps users feel upbeat and extroverted — ready to take on the challenges of social situations that would otherwise seem unappealing, especially to introverts.
- Stress relief – Since it is a green variety, green Maeng Da won’t cradle you off into a relaxing stupor. But even then, the variety’s balanced effects promise a strong sense of stress relief that can clear your mental bandwidth of static and clutter, as well as your body of distracting discomfort.
What Causes Differences Between Kratom Strains?
Kratom strains are more than just a marketing ploy as some sources might claim. There are very real distinctions that occur depending on where and how a strain is cultivated. Fluctuations in sun exposure, soil quality, humidity levels, watering frequency, and harvesting methods and schedules have an impact on alkaloid levels.
Since farmers can’t completely control variables that depend on nature, it’s only normal that kratom chemistry varies from batch to batch. This also explains why a sample of red Bali you buy today might not have the exact same effects as a batch you buy months from now.
On top of that, there are color veins. The maturity of the leaf at harvest plays a big role in how the resulting product impacts your system. Young, white-veined leaves produce stimulating effects while mature red-veined leaves offer a more soothing experience. Right in the middle, green-veined kratom leaves provide a balance of both ends.