Every kratom vendor across the United States carries Bali and Thai kratom. The constant influx of Bali and Thai from Southeast Asian farmers has made it possible for US vendors to keep their shelves constantly stocked.
But there’s a whole lot more to Bali and Thai’s popularity than just their availability. Offering distinct effects that impact both mind and body, Bali and Thai deliver perfectly balanced benefits that make them suitable go-to strains.
What is Bali Kratom?
The Indonesian archipelago is made up of over 17,000 islands. And while all of these islands have their own unique qualities, Bali island remains one of the country’s crowning jewels. The epitome of relaxation and tranquility, Bali island boasts beautiful landscapes and untouched scenery that make it a tourist hot spot.
Year in and year out, thousands crowd the island — fondly called the Land of the Gods — to witness the tropical paradise in all of its unadulterated glory. But aside from encouraging healthy tourist activity, Bali island’s gorgeous terrain also stimulates unprecedented kratom growth.
Rich, volcanic soil, hot, humid weather, and vibrant streams and rivers all give life to the island’s forests. And tucked deep within, kratom plantations thrive as the island lends all the necessary elements for lush, healthy speciosa cultivation.
Effects of Bali Kratom
Calm and collected, Bali kratom’s effects don’t come charging at you with intrusive force. Instead, the strain works up to a gentle crescendo with effects that mainly focus on relaxing the mind and body.
As a general rule, however, you should manage your expectations when taking Bali kratom for the first time. While anecdotal reports might give you an idea as to what you might experience, your unique tolerance and body chemistry may have an impact on the results you encounter.
- Discomfort relief – Bali’s affects mainly focus on bringing users a sense of calm and relaxation. And of course, that wouldn’t be possible with a tired, sore body. The variety effectively works as a relieving agent that clears away any and all forms of physical discomfort.
- Stress relief – It’s difficult to feel truly calm and relaxed when your mind is riddled with problems. As Bali rushes through your veins, the variety clears the mind of stress and apprehension. This doesn’t only allow more balanced thought processes but also paves the way for new perspectives.
- Mood lift – Don’t expect Bali to make you want to head out and socialize. The mood lift that the variety delivers turns out to be much less active, working to simply lift you out of the blues so you can enjoy the fullness of the strain’s effects.
- Sleep support – One of the reasons why Bali has become so popular as a nighttime strain is because of its effects on sleep. The strain encourages healthy sleep patterns by helping users fall asleep and stay asleep. Upon waking, users often report feeling fully rested and refreshed.
What is Thai Kratom?
Up until 2020, Thai kratom supplies — which obviously should have come from Thailand — all entered the United States through Indonesia-based suppliers. The reason? Thailand had banned kratom throughout its jurisdiction starting in the 1950s.
This forced farmers to make an attempt to keep the variety alive by taking live Thai kratom plants out of the country to places with more relaxed speciosa cultivation laws. Needless to say, Indonesia was a prime option.
Since then, Thai kratom was mostly farmed and harvested in Indonesia, up until 2021 when Thailand decided to lift the ban on the coveted agricultural commodity. This has allowed the country to take their part in the task of supplying kratom to US vendors.
Calm, collected, and balanced, Thai kratom boasts effects and benefits that increase motivation and drive. Perfect for people who want to up the ante, Thai can help support productive performance at work or at home.
Effects of Thai Kratom
Thai’s effects balance out both stimulation and relaxation so you get the best of both worlds. Equally calming and awakening, Thai’s results help users stay focused without having to feel on edge or jittery.
Of course, this is what most people experience after a Thai kratom dose. But that doesn’t mean you’ll get the exact same experience. Ultimately, your experience with Thai depends on your body’s unique response to the strain, which may veer away from the trend.
- Increased motivation – What’s nice about Thai is that it inspires users to stay active — at least at their desk. The productivity streak that arises after a Thai kratom dose can help you power through office tasks and stay on target until it’s time to clock out.
- Mental clarity – Having trouble thinking with all that noise in your noggin? Thai kratom silences cognitive clutter to help improve mental power. As the strain washes out distress and static, it allows users to think more effectively to solve problems and generate new ideas.
- Energy boost – Of course, you’re going to need some added zeal to power through your day. Aside from improving your motivation, Thai kratom also helps to increase your energy levels. People who tend to feel drowsy by midday might find that the added energy can help improve their resistance to snoozing.
- Discomfort relief – It’s a balanced strain, after all. Thai’s benefits against discomfort might not be as pronounced as those of Bali. But even then, the strain offers impressive discomfort relieving properties that tone down aches, soreness, and tension all over the body.
What Causes Differences in Kratom Strains?
There’s a perfectly logical explanation as to why different places around Southeast Asia produce their own distinct strains. And it all boils down to the elements that exist in those different places.
Sunlight, soil, and water all change properties across the different places where kratom grows. For instance, soil on the island of Bali may contain different organic compounds because of the presence of volcanoes in the area.
Sun exposure and water quality also inevitably affect alkaloid expression. So kratom plants change effects depending on the extent and quality of all of these elements.
Another reason why kratom products change effects is harvest schedules. Depending on how early or how late the leaves are harvested from the time they sprout, you could get more relaxing or more stimulating strains.
Generally, the youngest kratom leaves with white veins produce energetic effects. If you wait for a little longer after they come out, the veins turn green and combine relaxation with stimulation.
Towards the end of the leaves’ viability, right before they fall off the stems, you have red vein leaves that produce mainly relaxing benefits.